Monday, June 01, 2009

Daily Workout - Week 3

Happy June everyone! Starting off the day to more Henry this Monday morning.



Also! Check out my big-timey cover art over at Screen Magazine:



There's a great chunk about Calabash Animation inside pages 12 - 13!
The art is all digital (Photoshop) save for the "movie screen", which is cut paper composited on top. There's a total of three layers of various textures of mine to make it look water-color-ish, even.

-------
Tuesday "Morning":

Well, didn't actually get to do a "morning" warm-up per se, because of tight deadlines on stuff that took up all of my time, but I managed to squeeze this out before I left the studio for fun and study work.

-------
Wednesday Morning:

I was getting carried away with this one and started coloring it, but thought to just post the linework for now! =)
....
Here's a little work in progress for the color, at the moment:


-------
Thursday Morning:

I don't draw a lot in the way of machines and vehicles, so this is just a rough attempt at a concept.

-------
Friday Morning:

TGIF!

2 comments:

Joe said...

These are great Jessica...
I was wondering if you were still working on your film!!! It's looking really nice and the paintings are beautiful...

are they digital or analog?

anyway I hope you're planning on finishing it!

best
Joe

Unknown said...

Hey Joe! Thanks for visiting here.

If you're talking about "The Packrat", I'm afraid that film is on an indefinite hiatus. I just haven't the time to dedicate getting back into that zone again. Well, maybe I do, but my creative self has wandered so far since then, I feel like I want to move on to other projects. Not to mention how different my skill level is now in comparison, and how badly I'd want to re-do much of the work in the film.

All the backgrounds that were in a more "finished" state were hand drawn and painted, while others were a mix of that and digital (and the ruff ones just sketched in photoshop). If I decided to go back and finish it, I'd completely re-do all the backgrounds in a hand-drawn, digitally colored process.

I've had a couple others mention that film...now I feel guilty and want to work on it! Gah!