Monday, May 18, 2009

Daily Workout - First Go!

So I'm trying to convince myself to fall into certain habits. Isn't it funny how you can get into bad habits easier than good ones? Haha...ha...no it's not!!!!!!

But here is my attempt at a "morning workout" routine. Boy I WISH it was an athletic workout! Instead, I'm trying to do a morning warm-up drawing when I first sit down at my desk at work...whether it's a digital color piece, or a doodle on a scrap of paper to get my gears turning. I don't do this as often as I like, but maybe posting here will bump up the production.

Here's my first "morning workout"; this Monday morning, to be exact.

"snrk!"

I'll keep adding the morning drawings to each weekly post, so they're easier to follow. This'll also be a fun time to experiment with techniques and styles for myself, since having more design roles calls for that.

Here's to moar art!!

-------
Tuesday Morning:
Thought about this kind of color study walking home from work and observing buildings; how the difference of where the warm and cool colors are can bring about different effects.

-------
Wednesday Morning:

haha, spent way too much time on this one!

-------
Thursday Morning:

I personally feel that, as a designer, you should never be married to one way of doing things, and always enjoy experimenting.

2 comments:

Tristan Sandnes said...

Good initiative.

Armando said...

Wow! Amazing works!! A rather inspiring blog. Like.